Water Damage Restoration
Water damages are very unexpected and when they happen, we do not realize the extent of the destruction they can cause. Residential water damages occur by both natural and common causes. Some of the natural causes like, severe weather conditions; heavy rains and flooding. Other common causes are pipes bursting or leaking, overflows and backups. They not only affect the immediate area of origin and around it, but if not taken care of immediately and properly, damages may spread to other areas of the home that will also require mitigation. The restoration process can be a very simple or it can be laborious. It may be quick, or it may take longer, requiring a more in-depth cleaning. The duration of the mitigation will solely depend on the magnitude of the damage in the residence and the nature and extent of the damage.
Other Forms of Water damage:
- Clogged pipes from dishwashers, or washing machines
- Roof leaks
- Sewage backups
- Water damages due to fire
- Leaking HVAC
At JD Restorations we are specialized in mitigating damages caused by any type of water damage. We have highly trained personnel that will handle your inquiries professionally and accurately. We will complete the restoration with cutting-edge equipment and specialized products. Ensuring, that all affected areas are dry, restored and that the water removal and all procedures following, are properly managed and completed from beginning to end.
Danger Levels of Water Damage
Because water damages are caused by different sources, the water is not all clean. All danger levels cannot be handled in the same way and may pose a serious health threat if not removed from the home properly. The levels listed below, indicate the type of water that will be removed from the affected area of the home.
- • Level 4: is caused by indirect causes such as: Fires, Hurricanes or other environmental sources that are not directly related to most common causes of residential water damage. Mitigations that fall under level 4 are the most dangerous due to the combination of their immediate structural and health threats.
• Level 3: Water damages caused at level 3 require the handling of “Black Water”. Coming into contact with black water is harmful because it contains bacteria and fecal matter.
• Level 2: At level 2, damage is caused by origins that expel “Grey Water”. Grey water is not as harmful but still contains wastes primarily produced by common household tasks such as: showering and dish washing.
• Level 1: Commonly produced by “White Water”, level 1 sources release water that is not harmful. This is clean. treated water that comes directly from local water plants.
JD Restorations’ Water Damage Restoration Process
Your call is of the utmost important to us. At JD Restorations we know what being in your situation feels like firsthand. From the first point of contact we make sure that you know you are taken care of and completely informed. Our belief is in keeping our customers educated throughout the water removal and restoration process, making you feel at ease; and providing you with the highest-level of service.
When restoring your home back to its original state of livability due to water damage, JD Restorations follows predetermined steps. Those steps are all carefully executed to ensure a complete and thorough water damage restoration is being executed.
When we receive your call, our friendly staff will take detailed notes of your emergency. We will then arrange your initial appointment. Technicians will be dispatched to your home to start the water extraction process. Once the extraction of water is complete, preparation for the water damage restoration process will begin. We work diligently and carefully to complete the water removal and the water restoration process bringing your home closer to its dry and original state. To give you a better understanding of what our water damage restoration process looks like, we have outlined the major steps in the process.
• Equipment Preparation
• Water Removal & Drying
• Zone Preparation
• Containment (if needed)
• Water Damage Content Removal & Disposal
• Final Clean-Up
If you are looking for a comprehensive water damage restoration services, you will find them at JD Restorations. If your home suffers damages over the weekend or at any time outside of business hours, do not worry. Our teams are ready and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. At JD Restorations our main concern is our customers. We work hard, so that you don’t have to. We will always provide you with the most up to date information of your home’s restoration progress. We will schedule the initial visit as soon as possible, but we do advise everyone to go through some do’s and don’ts and keep them in mind in the event that this were to happen to you.
Water damage do’s and don’ts
Residential water damage emergencies happen. The first thing you should do is call us at JD Restorations as soon as possible. Water can damage everything in home your:
• Wood Flooring
Everything! So, if you notice any possible sign of water damage in your home, take action immediately; do not leave it for later. In time, unattended damages will affect your home and your health. If you have detected signs of water damage, here are the do’s and don’ts:
• Take care of yourself and your family first. If your home is flooded, evacuate it; if you need to go into a flooded area, wear rubber gloves and boots. The water can be harmful for you because you may be exposed to contaminated water and disease-causing bacteria.
• Gather any important documents and salvageable possessions. These may include documents such as: all legal documents, birth certificates, passports, social security cards, insurance policies etc.
• If you have identified the origin of the problem and if it is danger-free, attempt to stop the water current to avoid exposing the home to more damages. You may do so by closing the shut-off valves. • Know the location of your homes shut-off valves and how to properly close them. Always keep the proper tools in an accessible location if an emergency were to happen.
• Open windows and doors to air out your home. This will speed up the drying process. Ventilating the area will prevent further damages and musty odors. If you have a fan available, this is the time when you can run it to help water evaporate faster.
• If you have to leave your home, secure it and take all valuables with you.
• Don’t attempt to fix the water damage on your own. As we mentioned before, you can do some things to prevent further damage, but the water damage restoration requires professional attention.
• DO NOT attempt to clean any sewage, greywater or blackwater overflow. This is highly hazardous for your health. These waters contain health damaging bacteria. Always choose to do this through our water damage restoration services.
• Never try to mitigate mold caused by water damage. Mold needs to be removed with chemical products that are to be handled professionally and with care.
Water damage prevention tips
Prevention is key. Here are some tips to follow to prevent water damage:
•Pay special attention to your water bill. You should always monitor it closely; Higher than usual consumption could mean you have a water leak somewhere.
• Pay attention to the homes water pressure, if it is too high, it damages pipes and plumbing fixtures.
• Maintain your HVAC unit regularly.
• Maintain plumbing properly; have a plumber inspect your water pipes and valves. Service your septic tank regularly. Remember, septic tanks hold black water.
• Never drop grease or oil down the drain; habitual disposal of oil-based liquids down the drain will lead to clogged pipes and will cause water back-ups and overflows.
• Maintain your roof in good condition. Have it inspected at least once every couple of years, especially before hurricane season.
Florida’s weather is unpredictable and water heavy. Due to its proximity to the tropics, it is a stomping ground for torrential downpours and storms. Water damages are common in the state and we are trained to handle any water related damages. We are conveniently located and able to service all types of water damage restorations in all 67 counties in the state of Florida.