If you think water damage is a headache, you have not experienced a sewage trouble. It is most common than people might think and also more bothersome. Damages caused by sewage range from property damages, health problems to sanitary tasks. To get rid of those problems demands time, effort and money invested in repairing or sanitizing products and tools. After the occurrence of this event general health of the person is in risk, because sewage contains a huge amount of contaminants that are hazardous and highly infectious. Collecting, cleaning or whatever is related to sewage handle is really annoying, stressful and an endless nightmare. If you doubt for just some minutes calling a professional cleaning service, regret immediately. It would be the money best invested ever.
Once you have a sewage event, you need to call professionals to endure the problem. Trust on JD Restorations for that task. Do not expose yourself to viruses, bacteria and illnesses. Call us and we will be on charge. We get to your home, identify the problem, go to the source and solve it right away. Our professional team is well trained in the manipulation of sewage, draining, cleaning, restoration and any other service that a sewage accident might produce. We count with the most modern equipment, high qualified personal and a huge expertise on sewage treatment. Be cautious about the problems and rely on us the sewage.
Types of Sewage
You already know that the exposure to sewage is delicate for your health in many aspects. It is important you be aware that there are three kinds of sewage and they are contaminant in different levels. Sewage is classified into clean water, gray water and black water.
Clean water. As clean water is considered all the water that is “clean”, it means, that comes from sources with no contact with any kind of waste, such as that coming from a broken supply line, a leaking faucet, failure of the water heater, toilet tank, overflowing faucet and all. We have to make the statement that even though that water is clean, if you do not pay attention to it quickly, that water gets into gray water or black water soon.
Gray water. This water is not literally gray but it is not “pure” or “Clean” because it is mixed with chemicals products or some type of waste; gray water is the water coming from washing machine overflow, toilet overflow with some urine (but not feces), dishwasher overflow or any other overflowing that mix water and other substance. It is not so dirty, but it is not really clean. This gray water may contain bacteria and viruses and can quickly degrade into category 3 if it not treated promptly.
Black Water. The black water is that severe contaminated and it produces serious health problems or death if it is ingested. Black water comes from rivers or streams flooding; water from beyond the toilet trap; or from the toilet bowl with feces; or stagnant water that already has microbial growth. Black water may contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes.
Nevertheless water quality, the water disposal must be ideally performed by a well -trained team that carries out everything related to it and help you at home mess.
JD Restoration Sewage Process
At JD Restoration, clients’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal. If you are enduring a sewage event, a restoration service performed with devotion and efficiency must be what you receive. Our procedural work consists of:
- A comprehensive inspection, evaluation and measurement of sewage damages. One of the benefits of rely sewage removal on the hands of professionals, is the know-how. When our team gets to your settlement, we start the inspection in all the places we know may be affected or flooded by sewage. Next, we evaluate the type of damages and take notes about our inspection; then we measure the magnitude of the damages to finally design the best procedure to start fighting the problem.
- Careful Water extraction. Once we have planned the action, we carefully start water extraction. Of course, we have previously removed your appliances, furniture and other items in order set the area free and easy to work in it.
- Professional Setting up of equipments. Water extraction is performed using different equipments that are manipulated only by trained technicians; depending on the places and the amount of the extension of sewage flood, different equipments are selected.
- Deep Cleaning process. Cleaning is important for JD Restoration because we protect your health. After sewage is extracted and drained, our professional start a first cleaning step: using cleaning chemicals that remove bacteria and other hazardous microbe from your environment, our people clean and sanitize your home.
- Delicate Humidity measurement. Once sewage is removed and cleaning task is finished, our professionals initiate dehumidification process. At the beginning, the level of humidity is measured. Then, depending on its measure, we install equipments to dehumidify the environment.
- Multiple Cleaning and restoration. Besides dehumidification procedure, another cleaning up is performed. We clean again and fulfill restoration activities as required.
- Chemical Mold prevention treatment. Part of a proper cleaning and sanitization procedure, is to take care of mold. During the first touch with you, we made an inspection searching for damages, including mold appearance. But at this stage, supervision for mold is performed. If there were any mold signal, we mitigate it. If it is not, we apply chemical products to prevent mold growth.
- Fast Odor removal. Sickening Odor from sewage is diligent attacked. One of the worst elements of sewage is odor. If after cleaning and dehumidification procedure any other would last, we follow deep odor removal procedures, and applying professional chemicals (not hazardous for living) we eradicate that odor.
- Cleaning. A final deep cleaning is performed once again in order you encounter a deep cleaned and adequate purify home.
JD Restoration Methodology is designed specially to offer our clients a complete satisfaction in the fields of restoration and cleaning. We not only solve your problem but we guarantee that your home will be clean and adequate for living. We give you a comprehensive restoration service.
JD Restoration Advice: What to do during a Sewage Incident
Once you have noticed that you have an emergency, there are some steps you might follow before professional help arrives. Follow these guidelines to have a less dangerous situation at home.
- Call the restoration company. It is important to have always in an easy to reach place, emergency telephones like restoration service one.
- Make a quick inspection to locate the place sewage has flooded.
- Before enter the affected area, turn off electricity from the electrical box.
- Never touch damped cables or electrical sockets.
- Once electricity is off, unplug electrical equipments and now try to stop water or sewage (if it is possible)
- If sewage comes from an overflowing faucet, for example, shut off the water. It is important to know where the valves are.
- If sewage comes from drainage, wait for the professionals. Remember that sewage is too contaminating.
- Take pictures of affected area. If you have an insurance policy, pictures of the event and damages will be indispensable for future claims.
- Remove all the items you can handle. If there is furniture that you can take out, do it. But remove only those you can carry. Heavy items will be carried by technicians.
Security will be always a paramount for people of JD Restoration. Follow this easy steps will assure you a safer home till we take the problem in our hands.